Outstanding professors and researchers may obtain permanent residency in the United States without going through the lengthy process of labor certification. To be considered outstanding, a professor or researcher must show that he or she is recognized internationally as outstanding in a specific academic area. The person must be coming to the U.S. for a tenure or tenure track position, or else for a comparable position at a university to conduct research. Alternatively, a researcher can qualify if he or she is coming to the U.S. to conduct research with a private employer if it is large enough and has documented accomplishments in the field. To qualify as an outstanding professor or researcher, one must have a sponsoring employer. To succeed, the applicant must provide extensive documentation of his or her prominence in their field, original scientific research, scholarly publications, articles about his or her work, and testimonials from colleagues in his or her field.