The Law Office of Heidi J. Meyers concentrates on providing comprehensive legal representation in United States immigration and visa processing. We are a full-service immigration firm, and assist people from all walks of life and employers with business immigration, E-1 treaty traders, E-2 treaty investors, F-1 foreign students, H-1B temporary professionals, J-1 visas, L-1A managerial and executive transferees, O-1 aliens of extraordinary ability, PERM labor certification, priority worker petitions, and national interest waivers. We can assist clients with meeting the challenges of various grounds of inadmissibility, including criminal issues, past immigration violations and deportation or removal orders, deemed export issues for applicants in the sciences, among others.
Heidi J. Meyers holds the following credentials:
- Admitted to the Federal Bar (Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Second Circuit and the Third Circuit);
- Admitted to the New York State Bar;
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association;
- Member, Federal Bar Association;
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Juris Doctor, New York University;
- Masters, New York University (International Relations) ;
- Bachelor, Cornell University (Government) ;
- Certificate from the U.S. Department of Commerce in Complying with U.S. Export Controls.
The office keeps up-to-date with changes in the immigration laws and regulations. Ms. Meyers has given regular talks on immigration at the Ecuadorian Consulate. Ms. Meyers has written columns on the immigration laws and regulations for several newspapers. She has also appeared on the radio and television to discuss U.S. immigration law. She has spoken at immigration conferences held by the Federal Bar Association.
Our corporate clients have included companies in IT, software development and consulting, fashion, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, restaurant, import and export, accounting, manufacturing, civil and mechanical engineering, architecture, electrical and electronics, transportation, education, publishing, and jewelry industries.
The office has a bilingual staff that can speak French, Italian, Punjabi, Spanish and Urdu.