The Law Office of Heidi J. Meyers concentrates on providing comprehensive legal representation in United States immigration and visa processing. We do both ligitation (in immigration court and in federal court) and also business immigration. Heidi J. Meyers holds the following credentials:
- Admitted to the Federal Bar (Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the Second Circuit and the Third Circuit);
- Admitted to the New York State Bar;
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association;
- Member, Federal Bar Association;
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association;
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Juris Doctor, New York University;
- Masters, New York University (International Relations) ;
- Bachelor, Cornell University (Government) ;
- Certificate from the U.S. Department of Commerce in Complying with U.S. Export Controls.
The office keeps up-to-date with changes in the immigration laws and regulations. Ms. Meyers has given regular talks on immigration at the Ecuadorian Consulate. Ms. Meyers has written columns on the immigration laws and regulations for several newspapers. She has also appeared on the radio and television to discuss U.S. immigration law. She has spoken at immigration conferences held by the Federal Bar Association.
Our corporate clients include companies in computer software and hardware consulting, import and export, accounting, manufacturing, civil and mechanical engineering, architecture, electrical and electronics, transportation, education, publishing, jewelry and air transportation industries. They are mainly located in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, but some are located as far away as Arizona, Kansas and Michigan.
The office has represented clients from over 60 countries of the world and has a bilingual staff that can speak Cantonese, French, Fulani, Mandarin, Punjabi and Spanish.